This self-paced course, Cisco ASR 9000 Series IOS XR 64-Bit Software Migration and Operational Enhancements, covers the migration from classic 32-bit Cisco IOS® XR software to Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software on the Cisco® ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers. This course also examines the software architecture, boot process, and auto-provisioning of the Cisco IOS XR 64-bit software, as well as showing you how to install Cisco IOS XR and third-party software packages. In addition,it will investigate data models and show you how to implement telemetry, model-driven programmability, and application hosting services.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software architecture and Linux system fundamentals
- Describe the major differences between classic Cisco IOS XR software and Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software on the ASR 9000 Series routers
- Migrate an ASR 9000 Series router from classic IOS XR software to Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software
- Perform and explain Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software installations
- Configure and describe Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software features
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.